What is defensive driving?
Defensive driving is about anticipating and assessing situations and responding appropriately. Defensive driving improves road safety, reduces stress on the road and smooth traffic.
How to roll defensive?
Defensive driving has only advantages. Here are some tips to ride safer.
Have the eye and the good
It is important to keep a good overview of what is happening on the road at all times. You must therefore consider the following:
- Do not just watch a few meters in front of your car. Also be sure to view the traffic further away, so that you can react to critical situations in time.
- Do not just look in front of you, widen your field of vision by regularly checking your mirrors.
You must anticipate your mistakes at all times and those of other drivers to avoid accidents. To do this, keep in mind the following:
- Avoid uncivil driving behaviors such as dangerous overtaking, refusal of priority, speeding and other carelessness.
- Prevent the danger of mishandling a driver by avoiding or slowing it down.
Maintain your car
Defensive driving also means keeping your car in good shape. Driving with worn brakes, tires or shock absorbers increases the risk of accidents. Avoid the worst by regularly reviewing your vehicle.
Defensive driving course
A defensive driving online course teaches you a series of basic skills to ride safely. This 1 or 2 day course will cost you between 150 and 250 euros. It includes a theoretical part and a practical module. You will learn among others:
- the good visual technique
- the right actions when skidding or braking
- helpful tips to improve your safety and that of others
Defensive driving can help you avoid an accident. And if in spite of everything, you provoke or are involved in an accident? Auto insurance will save you a lot of trouble. Calculate the price of your car insurance online in a few steps and choose the formula that suits you best.